Hacking Your Own Phonegap App

After few apps of using Phonegap experiments, I have noticed that the main language of the apps I am compiling on Phonegap website is English. I did not mind that firstly,  I was not able to put them on markets because of some financial based reasons. But then when time comes to the day I translated a game into Turkish to put it on windows phone market, I needed to solve this problem somehow. The game was in Turkish but developer side of market was not letting me put it in Turkish category because of the manifest file which has been created by Phonegap’s website.

At that moment I had only few files; xap file of app was on Phonegap’s website, 3 screenshots of the app and some other weird images related to the app was on my PC. I knew that xap files are sort of archived files. So, I downloaded it.

PhoneGap .xap Download

PhoneGap .xap Download

I opened it with WinRAR.

.xap File Opened with WinRAR

.xap File Opened with WinRAR

I extracted and edited the WMAppManifest file.
These changes meant the only and default language support of this app is Turkish.

WMAppManifest.xml file Opened with Notepad++

WMAppManifest.xml file Opened with Notepad++

Then I compressed it again and it was ready to upload as a Turkish application in Windows Phone Market.

 

I am not sure about limits of that changeable areas, I have just tried with wmappmanifest file.